Saturday, October 18, 2008
Boy or Girl???
I'm so excited to know the gender of my baby. I'm only 9 weeks along the way so it's still a long wait till we find out the gender. I only want 1 boy and 1 girl and since I already have Nichos, I would much prefer a girl this time. I check the Chinese Gender Calendar and it said I'll be having a boy based on the month of conception but it was not correct for Nichos as it said I was having a girl that time. Then I took a test in http://www.babygendertool.com and it said I'll be having a girl and tried the one for Nichos and it was correct as it said that Your baby should have been born sometime in July 2004 and it was a boy. I sure hope this is true. Keeping my finger's cross. All I provided was my date of birth,hubby's date of birth and Approximate date of conception. I googled gender prediction tests and it gives me mixed answers some boy and some girl.
Here are some of the gender myths I found on the internet:
* If your left breast is bigger than the right during pregnancy, you're having a GIRL. If the right is bigger, it'll be a BOY. If they are the same size, you're in for a surprise!
* If you get moody during pregnancy you are more likely to have a GIRL. This is because all women are moody, and when carrying a GIRL you become doubly so.
* If you carry the baby out front (others cant see your pregnancy from behind) then you will have a BOY. If others can tell that you are pregnant when looking at you from behind, then you will have a GIRL.
* Have the mom-to-be pick up a key. If she picks it up by the round end, it will be a BOY. If she picks it up by the long end, it will be a GIRL. Should she pick it up at the middle, twins are on the way.
* If the mother's age at conception and the year of conception are both even or both odd, the baby is a GIRL. If one is even and one is odd, the baby is a BOY.
* Ask the mom-to-be to pick a number. Match the number with the corresponding letter of the alphabet (A=1, B=2 etc). Then ask her to choose a name beginning with that letter. If she chooses a BOYs name, it will be a BOY. If she chooses a GIRLs name, it will be a GIRL.
* Hang a gold pendant (preferably one the mother wears often) over the palm of the mothers hand. If the pendant moves in a circular motion, it will be a GIRL. If it swings back and forth, a BOY is on the way.
* If the mom-to-be was the more aggressive partner when the baby was concieved, it will be a BOY. If the father was the more aggressive, the baby will be a GIRL.
* If you suffer from acne during pregnancy, you will have a GIRL.
* What side does the mum-to-be lay on while she's resting? If she lies on her left, it's a BOY; on her right, it's a GIRL.
* If young BOYs (pre-school age) show interest in you while you're pregnant, it will be a GIRL. If they ignore you, expect a BOY.
* Ask the mom-to-be to show you her hands. If she shows them palms up, it's a GIRL; palms down, a BOY.
* If you dream of GIRLs, you will have a BOY. If you dream of BOYs, you will have a GIRL.
It's a boy if:
You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the extra weight out front
Your belly looks like a basketball
Your areolas have darkened considerably
You are carrying low
You are craving salty or sour foods
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
Your hands are very dry
Your pillow faces north when you sleep
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
Your urine is bright yellow in color
Your nose is spreading
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles You are having headaches
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number
It's a girl if:
You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast
Your hair develops red highlights
You are carrying high
Your belly looks like a watermelon
You are craving sweets
You are craving fruit
You crave orange juice
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
Your face breaks out more than usual
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
Your breasts have really blossomed!
Your pillow faces south when you sleep
Your urine is a dull yellow color
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number
I've been experiencing all day sickness in this pregnancy and people are telling me that it must be a girl but I have been craving salty foods instead of sweets which would mean a boy. I'm checking out the myths and the tests just for fun and in the end it will be the ultrasound hopefully in my 5th month which will be my birthday that can determine my baby's gender. I always hope and pray that the baby is healthy and normal regardless of gender.