Saturday, August 15, 2015

Best of the Philippines Ice cream Flavors

I have a sweet tooth, from chocolate to ice cream or anything sweet, I love it. My daughter is also the same, she loves ice cream.

As an OFW, we long for anything that taste and feels like home. I was in luck as a  few weeks ago as I discovered the best of the Philippines Ice cream flavors in Carrefour.

The flavors celebrate the delicacies/ specialties that every region and provinces in the Philippines has to offer.

 I have tried the following flavors:

1. Coffee Crumble - Batangas coffee blend with cashew and tablea bits
Image source
2. Mangoes and Cream - A feast of Guimaras Mango blended in rich Vanilla ice cream

3. Kesong Puti -Made with Carabao's milk from Nueva Ecija and kesong puti bits. This is my daughter's personal favorite due to the milky and creamy taste.
4. Pinipig Pandan - Pampanga Pinipig in Pandan ice cream with jelly bits - I personally love this flavor, not too sweet and just right.

Super Yummy
5. Caramel Cashew fudge -Palawan Cashew Nuts in Caramel ice cream

The other flavors available in Carrefour are Macapuno langka and strawberry shortcake.

I want to try all flavors and very intrigue with sili con tsokolate unfortunately the flavors here in UAE are quite limited and I have not seen these being sold in any other grocery shop except Carrefour.

It's a truly refreshing treat to beat the summer heat with flavors you love from the Philippines. Makes it feel like home and they come in colorful tubs as too.






0 comments: