Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


I haven’t watch a movie for some time now as I just finished the whole 8 seasons of Charmed. Luckily, a friend showed me how to download movies and the first movie that I downloaded and was so excited to see was Slumdog Millionaire. I have read so many great reviews of the movie and it even won many awards and so I was intrigued.

I watched it last night and my 2 hrs was not wasted at all. I enjoyed every scene of the movie. It is about a Mumbai teen, Jamal, working as a call center assistant, who grew up in the slums and becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" He is arrested under suspicion of cheating, and while being interrogated, events from his life history are shown which explain why he knows the answers. It shows us that you do not have to be a genius to be able to answer the questions, you can know through experience. It depicts how life can be in a third world country, showing the harsh realities of life. The main character is working as a call center assistant which is where most people work now in these modern times. It was a story of love and destiny. He only entered the show so that the love of his life can see him on TV but he was destined to win that although he may not know all the answers and the host even tricked him with a wrong answer, he managed to win it all.

It is really a must see movie. Definitely worth your time and money.

0 comments: