Thursday, August 4, 2011

Living in Al Ain

I live in Al Ain which is part of the Emirates of Abu Dhabi. When people ask me where I am and I say UAE, their immediate answer is "in Dubai". I guess most people only know Dubai which is even not the capital of UAE, Abu Dhabi is the capital. 

For those who do not know,  Al Ain is known as the "Garden City" because of the lush greenery. The freeways connecting Al Ain, Abu Dhabi and Dubai form a geographic triangle in the center of the country, each city being roughly 130 kilometers from the other two. So approximately, Al Ain is like 2 hours from Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

Being in a quiet place like Al Ain, seldom do we find things to do and look forward to except spending time with the family. For me, Al Ain is a great place to raise a family.I have been living here with my husband and 2 kids for more than 3 years now and I can say that we are living well, away from the fast paced life of Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

There is one thing though that I look forward to every month, it is getting a copy of Oasis Living Magazine. It is really cool as it features life and living in Al Ain and most of all it's free. I really enjoy reading their articles as well as reviews of various restaurants/ food outlets as well as tips and recipes. Best of all I am really lucky in their contests. 
August Edition
I ensure to take part in every promo or competition that they have and have won thrice already. My husband has won once as well.
January Birthday Cake Winner
Iftar dinner voucher for 4 at Mercure Hotel . I received the good news this morning and got the voucher the same day.
I'm glad I found this magazine and I highly recommend this to friends who are living in Al Ain and also to people who want to know more about Al Ain and UAE life in general. You can check out their website http://www.myoasisliving.com and like them on their Facebook Page.  You can even follow them on Twitter 

I do all three...

0 comments: